Once-in-a-Lifetime Memorabilia Sale
Don't miss your chance to own a piece of Dragons history as we open our archives for the first time.
With over 100 years of history, it’s no surprise we have amassed an enviable collection of memorabilia. In 2020 the club engaged an experienced curator, Anthony O’Carroll, to photograph and catalogue the thousands of items, before selecting the first collection of pieces to appear in the Museum.
Having curated the SCG Museum, O’Carroll relished the challenge of collating the mountain of St George history under one roof. What he uncovered was a treasure trove of significant pieces – from original programs and jerseys worn by the greats to coins and even beer bottles.
Many of these unique items are now on display in the museum, but a carefully curated collection will be released for sale as we open our archives for the first time in 102 years.
NOT-TO-BE-MISSED COLLECTORS’ ITEMS
Among the items available is a limited number of ‘Centenary of Rugby League 1908-2008’ split jerseys, each one signed by one of the Dragons’ Rugby League Immortals: Graeme Langlands, Johnny Raper or Reg Gasnier.
There are also Centenary jerseys signed by the four surviving members of the Dragons Team of the Century: Johnny King, Craig Young, Rod Reddy and Mark Gasnier.
Collectors could also secure a limited edition commemorative print marking the opening of the Dragons Legends Walk, signed by Reg Gasnier, Johnny Raper and Graeme Langlands.
COME ALONG AND MEET CLUB LEGENDS
A host of Club Legends, including Craig Young and Steve Edge, will be on hand to sign your Dragons’ gear and reminisce about their glory days.
SALE STARTS 11 AM, SATURDAY 10 JUNE 2023
- Preview the items online from midday Friday 9 June 2023.
- Buy in person at the Spirit of the Red V Museum, St George Leagues Club, from 11 am Saturday 10 June 2023.
- Or shop online from 11 am 10 June 2023.
RARE PIECES AVAILABLE FOR SALE:
- Graeme Langlands signed ‘Centenary of Rugby League 1908-2008’ split jersey (6 available)
- Reg Gasnier signed ‘Centenary of Rugby League 1908-2008’ split jersey (6 available)
- Johnny Raper signed ‘Centenary of Rugby League 1908-2008’ split jersey (6 available)
- St George Dragons Centenary Jersey signed by surviving members of the Team of the Century (14 available)
- ‘Where Legends Walk’ signed print, unframed (93 of the original 350 available)
Stocks are extremely limited, so don’t miss this rare opportunity to secure an iconic piece of Dragons’ history.
Funds raised from the sale of these rare pieces will go to supporting St George Junior Rugby League and the ongoing curation of displays in the Spirit of the Red V Museum.
For more information:
Contact St George DRLFC at firstname.lastname@example.org